The UMSL Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (UMSL VITA) provides free tax assistance to low to middle income individuals and families. This program is sponsored by the College of Business Administration at UMSL and the Gamma Psi chapter of Beta Alpha Psi. This continues to be the largest university based personal income tax service in the region.
Along with practical tax experience, networking opportunities, potential extra credit and resume building you can also receive college credit based on your service hours.
For those seeking credit hours, the following is the credit hour requirements):
1 credit hour = 20 hours of volunteer service
2 credit hours = 40 hours of volunteer service
3 credit hours = 60 hours of volunteer service
For registration, students will register for credit after they complete the training weekend in January.
The requirements for participation in the UMSL VITA program include:
- Attendance at the mandatory training workshops
- Fluency in the English language
- IRS volunteer E File and IRS software certifications (attained during the certification workshops)
- Weekly field service commitment from February 1, 2020 until April 11, 2020
We offer 3 training workshops in 2020 (you only need to attend 1 weekend):
1) January 11th/12th 9am-4pm both days (Express Scripts Hall 104 - max capacity of 30 volunteers)
2) January 18th/19th 9am-4pm both days (Anheuser Busch Hall 003 - max capacity of 60 volunteers)
3) January 25th/26th 9am-4pm both days (Anheuser Busch Hall 003 - max capacity of 60 volunteers)
Please fill out the application and submit it to email@example.com You will then be contacted to verify your training weekend and site selection.
Thank you for your interest in VITA!