Dr. Brandon Ofem
Brandon Ofem is an Assistant Professor in the Global Leadership and Management Department in the College of Business. Brandon earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Strategy/Entrepreneurship from the University of Kentucky in 2014. His dissertation examined the collaborative and entrepreneurial practices of economic development organizations in eastern Kentucky, one of the most persistently distressed regions in the United States. Brandon has published three book chapters on social network theory and analysis, and three papers stemming from his dissertation. He has also
Ph.D. Management, University of Kentucky
M.B.A. University of Kentucky
B.A. Economics, Transylvania University
MGMT 4219 - Strategic Management
- Ofem, B., Arya, B., Ferrier, W.J., & Borgatti, S.P. “Entrepreneurial orientation, collaborative engagement, and performance: Evidence from rural economic development organizations.” Economic Development Quarterly, (Forthcoming).
- Ofem, B., Arya, B., & Borgatti, S. P. “The drivers of collaborative success between rural economic development organizations.” Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, (forthcoming).
- Uzuegbunam, I., Ofem, B., Nambisan, S. “Do corporate investors affect entrepreneurs’ IP portfolio? Entrepreneurial finance and intellectual property in new firms.” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice (forthcoming).
- Polizzi, S. J., Ofem, B., Coyle, W., Lundquist, K., & Rushton, G. T. “The use of visual network scales in teacher leader development.” Teaching and Teacher Education, 83, 42-53. 2019.
- Mehra, A., Borgatti, S.P., Soltis, S., Floyd, T., Ofem, B., Halgin, D., Kidwell-Lopez, V. 2013. “Imaginary worlds: Using visual network scales to capture perceptions of social networks.” Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume on Contemporary Perspectives on Organizational Social Network Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.
- Ofem, B., Floyd, T., Borgatti, S.P. 2012. “Social networks and organizations.” A Companion to Organizational Anthropology. Blackwell Publishing.
- Borgatti, S.P., Ofem, B. 2010. “Overview: Social network theory and analysis.” Social Network Theory and Educational Change. Harvard Education Press.
- “A research study of teacher retention and network formation in Noyce communities of practice.” National Science Foundation: Division of Undergraduate Education. $1,026,372. (Co-PI, April 2017 to March 2020).
- “Cognitive, relational, and strategic drivers of organizational effectiveness.” National Science Foundation: Innovation and Organizational Sciences Program. $485,553. SES-1063773. (Project manager and coauthor, June 2011 to May 2013).