Dr. Bindu Arya
Dr. Bindu Arya is currently the Chair of the Global Leadership and Management Department. Her publications and ongoing research projects focus on enterprise strategy, transformation
M.S. Administrative Sciences,
MBA. Iowa State University, May 2000
DBA 7105: Corporate Business Strategies
MGMT 4219: Strategic Management
BUSAD 6990: Strategy Formulation and Implementation
MGMT5695: Corporate Social Responsibility in a Global Environment
Areas: Collaboration Networks, Enterprise Strategy in Emerging Economies, Corporate Social Responsibility in Multinational
Refereed Publications (Some of the articles are downloadable)
- Sahasranamam, S., Arya, B., & Sud, M. 2019. Ownership structure and corporate social responsibility in an emerging market. Asia Pacific Journal of Management (In Press)
- Arya, B., Mirchandani, D., & Harris, M. M. 2019. Personality and pay satisfaction: Exploring the influence of organizational justice and gender in South Africa. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 30(2): 219-250.
- Ofem, B., Arya, B., & Borgatti, S. P. 2018. Drivers of Collaborative success between rural economic development organizations. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 47(6): 1113-1134.
- Horak, S., Arya, B., & Ismail, K. 2018. Organizational sustainability determinants in different cultural settings: A conceptual framework. Business Strategy and the Environment, 27(4): 528-546.
- Johnson, J., Arya, B., and Mirchandani, D. 2013. Global integration strategies of Taiwanese SMEs: An empirical examination. Journal of World Business, 48(1): 47-57.
- Arya, B., and Bassi, B. 2011. Corporate Social Responsibility and Black Economic Empowerment legislation in South Africa: Codes of Good Practice. Business & Society, 50(4): 674-695.[download]
- Arya, B., and Zhang, G. 2009. Institutional reforms and investor reactions to CSR announcements: Evidence from an emerging economy. Journal of Management Studies, 46(7): 1089-1112. [download]
- Lin, Z., Yang, H., and Arya, B. 2009. Alliance partners and firm performance: Resource complementarity or association for legitimacy. Strategic Management Journal, 30(9): 921-940.
- Arya, B., Bassi, B., & Phiyega, R. 2008. Transformation charters in contemporary South Africa: The case of ABSA Group Limited. Business and Society Review, 113(2): 227-251.
- Arya, B., and Lin, Z. 2007. Understanding collaboration outcomes from an extended
resource basedperspective: The roles of organizational characteristics, partner attributes, and network structures. Journal of Management, 33(5): 697-723. [download]
- Arya, B., and Salk, J. E. 2006. Cross-sector alliance learning and effectiveness of voluntary codes of corporate social responsibility. Business Ethics Quarterly, 16(2): 211-234. [download]
- Lin, Z., Yang, H., Arya, B., Huang, Z., and Li, Dan. 2005. Structural versus individual perspectives on the dynamics of group performance: Theoretical exploration and empirical investigation. Journal of Management, 31(3): 354-381.[download]
- Salk, J. E., and Arya, B. 2005. Social performance learning in multinational corporations: Multicultural teams, their social capital and use of cross-sector alliances. In D. L. Shapiro, M. A. Von Glinow, and J. Cheng (Eds.), Managing multinational teams: Global
perspectives. Advances in International Management, 18: 189-207.