Associate Professor Pamela Stuerke
Area: financial reporting and accounting
- Areas: Financial reporting issues, Capital markets and financial analysts, properties of analysts’ forecasts
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Jelinek, K. and Stuerke, P.S., "The Nonlinear Relation Between Agency Costs and Managerial Equity Ownership: Evidence fo Decreasing Benefits fo Increasing Ownership, "International Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp 156-178. Emerald Literati Network 2010 Outstanding Paper Award winner.
- Holden, C. and Stuerke, P.S., "The Frequency of Financial Analysts' Forecast Revisions: Theory and Evidence about Determinants of Demand for Predisclosure Information," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 35, Nos. 7&8, pp 860-888.
- Stuerke, P. S., “Financial Analysts as Users of Accounting Information: Financial Analysts’ Forecast Revision Activity After Earnings Announcements,” International Journal of Managerial Finance, vol 1, no. 1, April 2005, pp 8-24. Emerald Literati Network 2006 Outstanding Paper Award winner.
- Christensen, T. E., Gaver, J., and Stuerke, P.S. “The Relation Between Investor Uncertainty and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Property-Casualty Insurance Industry,” Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, v. 32 (1&2), January-March 2005, pp 1-29.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J., and Stuerke, P.S., “Shelf-Registered Securities: Is it Time to Re-evaluate the Process?” Research in Accounting Regulation, v. 17, 2004, pp 3-24.
- Christensen, T. E., Smith, T., and Stuerke, P.S. “Public Predisclosure Information, Firm Size, Analyst Following, and Market Reactions to Earnings Announcements,” Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, v. 31 (7&8), September/October 2004, pp 951-984.
- Barron, O. E., and Stuerke, P. S., “Dispersion in Analysts' Earnings Forecasts as a Measure of Uncertainty,” Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, v. 13 (3), Summer 1998, pp 245-270.
- Member: American Accounting Association
- Member: Missouri Society of CPAs Member: Beta Gamma Sigma
Ph.D. (Accounting) 1998, Indiana University
M.S.A. (Accounting) 1992, University of Missouri - Kansas City
B.M. (Music) 1977, University of Northern Colorado