College of Business Administration
Mary C. Lacity
Chair, IS Ph.D. Program, and Professor
INFORMATION SYSTEMS (IS)
- IS Ph.D. students work closely on new research projects with UMSL IS Area Faculty which was ranked third among 375 universities in Faculty Scholarly Productivity in 2007 by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- IS Area faculty have a wide variety of research interests and embrace a wide variety of research methods.
- The IS area maintains strong relationships with the St. Louis business community. We have an active advisory board which consists of more than 20 members who represent some of the leading companies in the metropolitan area.
- IS faculty serve as editors of leading journals, and will perform important leadership roles in hosting 2010 International Conference of Information Systems in St. Louis.
- IS Ph.D. students have published with faculty in leading journals such as Management Science, Information & Organization, Communications of the ACM, and Journal of Information Technology. IS Ph.D. students also participate actively in leading conferences such as Americas Conference on Information Systems, and Academy of Management Annual Meetings.
"The College of Business will NOT be admitting new students for the Information Systems Ph.D. emphasis in Fall 2012.
The Ph.D. emphasis in Logistics & Supply Chain Management is now accepting applications for new Ph.D. students for matriculation in Fall, 2012."