About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Executive Leadership Consortium
Our New Home
General Academic Guidelines
Awards and Scholarships
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
Visit UMSL Business
Associate Professor of Marketing
Director of Undergraduate Business Programs
Office: 202J Anheuser-Busch Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-5832
D.B.A. (Marketing), Mississippi State University, 1991
M.B.A., University of Mississippi, 1980
B.B.A., University of Mississippi, 1979
- Areas: Advertising, Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 5700 - Contemporary Marketing Concepts
- MKTG 5710 - Consumer Behavior
- Advertising Effects; Buyer innovation, Media Issues; Internet Marketing
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Fu, Frank Q. and Michael T. Elliott (2012), "The Moderating Effect of Perceived Product Innovativeness and Product Knowledge on New Product Adoption: An Integrated Model," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, forthcoming.
- Elliott, Michael T., Frank Q. Fu, and Paul S. Speck (2012), “Information Search and Purchase Patterns in a Multichannel Service Industry,” Services Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 33 (4), 292-310.
- Elliott, Michael T. and Frank Q. Fu (2008), “Consumer Acceptance of Technology Products: The Impact of Tactical Selling Approaches,” Marketing Management Journal, 19(2), 48-65.
- Elliott, Michael and Paul Speck (2005), “Factors Affect Attitudes toward a Retail Web Site,” Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 13(1), 40-52.
- Alpha Mu Alpha
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Psychology and Marketing, Journal of Advancement in Marketing Education – Editorial Board