About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Assurance of Learning
AoL Organization Chart
MBA Learning Goals and Objectives
Undergraduate Learning Goals and Objectives
Student Information for the Assurance of Learning Exam
Faculty AOL Login
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Executive Leadership Consortium
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Salute to Business Achievement Awards 2015
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Visit UMSL |Business
Perry D. Drake
Assistant Professor, College of Business Administration
Academic Director of Programs in Business, School of Professional and Continuing Studies
Office: 206 Express Scripts Hall
M.S. Statistics, University of Iowa, Iowa City
B.S. Economics, University of Missouri, St. Louis
- Social and Digital Media Marketing
- Marketing Measurement
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Data Analytics
- Marketing Test Design
- Public Speaking
- Running, Biking and Swimming
Industry Presentations, Training Sessions, Panel Discussions, Webinars and Television Appearances:
- “Uses of Social Media in Transportation,” Airport Ground Transportations Association Annual Conference, Clearwater Florida, 4/28/14
- Panelist, Writing and Publishing Workshop, Confluence Scholars Strategy Network, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 4/24/14
- Conference Host and Organizer: “State of Digital Media Marketing 2014.” April 2014. University of Missouri, St. Louis. Guest speakers included Google, Yahoo, Twitter, Foresee, IBM, Nielsen, Adblock Plus, CNN.
- “Trends in the Applications of Big Data, Discovery and Technology,” Data Warehouse Institute Chapter Meeting (TDWI), St. Louis, 3/7/14
- “Emerging Technologies and Trends,” American Marketing Association Luncheon Series, St. Louis, 3/20/14
- “Extending Your Reach and Building a community with the use of Social Media,” AAIM Employers Association Breakfast Series, St. Louis, 1/23/14
- “Is your usage of social media in the classroom FERPA Compliant,” Focus on Teaching and Technology Conference, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 10/25/13
- “And then there was Vine – Social Media Trends and Applications,” St. Louis Archdiocese Youth Ministry Workshop, Keynote Speaker, 9/21/13
- “State of Digital Media Marketing 2014,” Business and Breakfast Seminar Series, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 9/12/13
- Conference Presenter: “Social Media for both Personal and Professional Usage” with Jonathon Distad, Perficient. 48th Annual Middllewest Regional Nursing Conference. April 2013. St. Louis, MO.
- Conference Host and Organizer: “State of Digital Media Marketing 2013.” April 2013. University of Missouri, St. Louis
- Training Session: “Integrated Campaign Analytics, Testing & ROI” with Rhonda Drake. A 2-day training session. November 2013. The Direct Marketing Association, New York, NY.
- Webinar: “The Data Revolution and the Impact on Higher Education.” An Adobe Educational Webinar. April 5, 2012.
- Conference Presentation: “The Nuts and Bolts of Database Marketing -- What Every Marketer Needs to Know to be Successful in this New Digital Era” Direct Marketing Association Luncheon. June 2010. Long Island, NY
- Television Interview: CNBC “Street Signs” Interview with Erin Burnett. Facebook vs Google. October 2009
- Conference Presentation: “The Data Warehouse: Your Key to More Profitable Customer Data” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Business Publishing Conference and Expo. March 2007. New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Secrets of Test Design and Analysis” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Direct Marketing Association Conference. October 2006. San Francisco.
- Conference Presentation: “Building a Profit Producing Database” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Circulation Management Conference. June 2006, Chicago, IL.
- Conference Presentation: “Demystifying the Modeling Process.” Annual Non-Profit Conference. August 2005. Waldorf-Astoria, New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Secrets of Test Design Strategies.” Annual DMAW Conference and Expo. May 2005. Washington, DC.
- Conference Presentation: “Maximizing ROI through Proper Testing Techniques.” Yale Club Luncheon Sponsored by the Direct Marketing Idea Exchange. November 2004. New York, NY
- Conference Presentation: “Data Mining a Non-Profit File for High Value Donors and Planned Givers” with Rhonda Drake. SAS Data Mining Technology Conference. August 2004. Las Vegas, NV.
- Conference Presentation: “The Best Marketing Strategies to Survive in Today’s Economy.” Sponsored by Mercy College, Westchester Chamber of Commerce, Hudson Valley DMA, the Westchester Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, & the USPS. April 2003. White Plains, NY
- Conference Presentation: “How to Move Beyond Exhaustion of Your Outside List Options” with Rhonda Drake. Annual National Center for Database Marketing Conference. December 2002. Orlando, Florida
- Conference Presentation: “Practical Database Marketing Applications 101.” Direct Marketers on Call annual “Learning Forum.” November 2002. Time Life Building, New York, NY
- Conference Presentation: “Maximizing ROI through Proper Testing and Targeting” with Rhonda Drake. Women in Direct Marketing “In the Know Forum.” Sponsored by New York University. September 2002. New York, NY
- Panel Discussion: “Direct Mail – Where the Future Lies” panelist. The Direct Marketing Association Circulation Days Conference. January 2002. New York, NY
- Panel Discussion: “Predicting a Profitable Future Through Outside List Modeling.” The Direct Marketing Association List Vision Conference. August 2000. New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Art and Science of Constructing Powerful Predictors” with Rhonda Drake
- National Center for Database Marketing Conference. December 1999. Orlando, Florida.
- Whitepaper: “The Force that Facebook is – Contemplating the Monetization of Facebook” Published May 2012
- Interview: “Big Data Explained” ClickZ Columnist, Heidi Cohen (named one of the top 10 social bloggers of 2011). March 7, 2012.
- Interview: “Key Social Media Metrics” ClickZ columnist, Heidi Cohen, November 26, 2011.
- Interview: “The Future of Direct Marketing” The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), January 2009
- Interview: “Current State of SEM Education in the Universities” Search Engine Standard, Summer, 2007
- Article: “Demystifying Databases – Why and How to Build a Profit Producing Data Warehouse” Publishing Executive Magazine, May, 2007
- Article: “Conducting Data Audits to Ensure Integrity” DM News, February, 2006
- Article: “Time to Check Your Assists” Target Marketing Tipline, January, 2006
- Article: “Target Practice – The Science of Sample Sizes” Target Marketing Tipline, July, 2005
- Article: “The Importance of List Placement in the Merge/Purge Process” Target Marketing Tipline, August, 2004
- Article: “Best Practices: Your Path to World-Class Direct Marketing” Target Marketing Magazine, September, 2003
- Article: “To Build or Not To Build a Marketing Database” Circulation Management Magazine, November, 2002
- Article: “Top 10 Mistakes Made by Marketers Regarding the Use of a Customer Database” DM News, July 22, 2002
- Article: “Modeling with MUSCLE” Inside Direct Mail, May 2000
- Article: “Did your Marketing Test Really Beat the Control?” Inside Direct Mail, January 2000
- Article: “Finding Your Confidence Interval” Inside Direct Mail, September 1999
- Article: “The Importance of Proper Test Planning” DM News, August 16, 1999
- “Optimal Database Marketing” Sage Publications, April 2002. Co-authored with Dr. Ronald Drozdenko, Chairman, Marketing Department, Western Connecticut State University.
- Direct Marketing Association
- American Marketing Association
- Direct Marketing Club of New York
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation – Professors Academy
- St. Louis Track Club
- New York Road Runners