About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Assurance of Learning
AoL Organization Chart
MBA Learning Goals and Objectives
Undergraduate Learning Goals and Objectives
Student Information for the Assurance of Learning Exam
Faculty AOL Login
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Executive Leadership Consortium
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Salute to Business Achievement Awards 2015
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Visit UMSL |Business
Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Management and International Business
Degrees Held: D.B.A. - International Business, Indiana University, 1970 M.B.A. - Finance, Indiana University, 1968 B.S. - Finance, Brigham Young University, 1966
Areas: International Management, International Strategy, International Business
- Areas: employee recruitment, job design, personnel selection
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Ricks, D., "Globalization and the Role of the Global Corporation,” Journal of International Management, Vol. 9(3), 2003.
- Ricks, D., "The IU impact on the internationalization of business schools,”Research in Global Strategic Management, Vol. 8, Alan Rugman (ed.), JAI Press, 2003.
- Ricks, D. & Deans, C., "International Business, Future Trends,” The International Encyclopedia of Business and Management, 2nd ed., International Thompson Business Press, 2002, 3251-3259.
- Ricks, D. (co-authored), "Information and Communication Technology in the Classroom: An Empirical Study with an International Perspective,” Journal of Teaching International Business, Vol.12(3), 2001, 21-41.
- Ricks, D. & Dancwa, J., "Research emphasis on Cultural Difference and/or Similarities: Are we asking the Right Questions?" Journal of International Management, 6, 2000, 173-186.
- Ricks, D., Blunders in International Business, 3rd ed., Blackwell Publishers, 1999.
- Ricks, D. & Wright, R., "Trends in International Business Research," Journal of International Business Studies, 4th ed., 1994.