About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Management and International Business
Degrees Held: D.B.A. - International Business, Indiana University, 1970 M.B.A. - Finance, Indiana University, 1968 B.S. - Finance, Brigham Young University, 1966
Areas: International Management, International Strategy, International Business
- Areas: employee recruitment, job design, personnel selection
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Ricks, D., "Globalization and the Role of the Global Corporation,” Journal of International Management, Vol. 9(3), 2003.
- Ricks, D., "The IU impact on the internationalization of business schools,”Research in Global Strategic Management, Vol. 8, Alan Rugman (ed.), JAI Press, 2003.
- Ricks, D. & Deans, C., "International Business, Future Trends,” The International Encyclopedia of Business and Management, 2nd ed., International Thompson Business Press, 2002, 3251-3259.
- Ricks, D. (co-authored), "Information and Communication Technology in the Classroom: An Empirical Study with an International Perspective,” Journal of Teaching International Business, Vol.12(3), 2001, 21-41.
- Ricks, D. & Dancwa, J., "Research emphasis on Cultural Difference and/or Similarities: Are we asking the Right Questions?" Journal of International Management, 6, 2000, 173-186.
- Ricks, D., Blunders in International Business, 3rd ed., Blackwell Publishers, 1999.
- Ricks, D. & Wright, R., "Trends in International Business Research," Journal of International Business Studies, 4th ed., 1994.