About the College
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Administrators and Staff
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Associate Professor of Strategic Management and International Business
Office: 1013 SSB Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-5309
Ph.D. (1991), The George Washington University
Primary concentration: Strategic Management and Public Policy
Secondary concentration: International Business
M.B.A. (1987), The George Washington University
Primary concentration: International Business
B.S. (1984), San Diego State University
Primary concentration: Finance
- Areas: Strategic Management and International Management, International Business
- Areas: Strategic Management of Multinational Corporations, International Joint Ventures and International Public Affairs
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H., "Political Administration Within Multinational Corporations: Evidence from the U.S. Construction Industry," Global Focus, Vol. 11(3), 1999, 13-19.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H., "Patterns of Competition Among American Firms in a Global Industry: Evidence From the U.S. Construction Equipment Industry," Journal of International Management, Vol. 3, 1997, 207-239.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H. "Many Paths Across Nations. How Business Level Strategies Influence the Extent of Internationalization of MNCs in the U.S. Construction Equipment Industry," Journal of Global Business, 1997, 33-43.
- Johnson, Jr., J., "An Empirical Examination for the Integration Responsiveness Framework: U.S. Construction Equipment Firms in Global Competition," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 26, 1995, 621-635.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Thumin, F., Kuehl, C. & Jiang, W., "Corporate Values as Related to Occupation, Gender, Age, and Company Size," Journal of Psychology, Vol. 129(4), 1995, 390-400.
- Thumin, F., Johnson, Jr., J., Kuehl, C. & Jiang, W., "Toward Harmonization: A Cross-Cultural Empirical Study Examining Managerial Values of Accountants From Four Countries," The Journal of Global Business, Vol. 6, 1995, 51-64.
- Mesnar, M. & Johnson, Jr., J., "Multinational Operations and Stakeholder Management: Internationalization, Public Affairs Strategies, and Economic Performance," Journal of International Management, Vol. 2(4), 1995, 233-281.
- Academy of Management, Business Policy and Planning Division
- Academy of Management, International Business Division
- Academy of International Business
- International Association of Business and Society
- Strategic Management Society
- Fellow, Center for International Business Studies