College of Business Administration
Ekin K. Pellegrini
Ekin K. Pellegrini
Associate Professor of Management
Office: 232 Express Scripts Hall
Ph.D. Business Administration, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
M.S. Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
B.A. Sociology, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Areas: Organizational Behavior, Leadership
- BA 3611: Advanced Management and Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 3625: Leadership in Organizations
- MGMT 3680: International Management
- MGMT 5600: Organizational Behavior and Administrative Processes
- MGMT 5695: Seminar in Leadership
- PSYCH 7548: Ph.D. Seminar in Organizational Psychology
- Areas: Paternalistic Leadership, Leader-Member Exchange (LMX), Mentoring
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Hu, C., Pellegrini, E. K., & Scandura, T. A. (2011). Measurement invariance in mentoring research: A cross-cultural examination across Taiwan and the U.S. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 78(2), 274-282. [download]
Pellegrini, E. K., Scandura, T. A., & Jayaraman, V. (2010). Cross-cultural generalizability of paternalistic leadership: An expansion of leader-member exchange theory (LMX). Group and Organization Management, 35(4), 391-420.
- Scandura, T. A. & Pellegrini, E. K. (2008) Trust and leader-member exchange (LMX): A closer look at relational vulnerability. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 15(2), 101-110. [download]
- Pellegrini, E. K. & Scandura, T. A. (2008) Paternalistic leadership: A review and agenda for future research. Journal of Management, 34(3), 566-593.
- Pellegrini, E. K. & Scandura, T. A. (2006). Leader-member exchange (LMX), paternalism and delegation in the Turkish business culture: An empirical investigation. Journal of International Business Studies, 37(2), 264-279.
- Pellegrini, E. K. & Scandura, T. A. (2005). Construct equivalence across groups: An unexplored issue in mentoring research. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 65(2), 323-335. [download]
- Book Chapters
- Scandura, T. A. & Pellegrini, E. K. (2007). Workplace mentoring: Theoretical approaches and methodological issues. In T. D. Allen & L. T. Eby (Eds.), Handbook of mentoring: A multiple perspective approach. Malden , MA : Blackwell. [download]
- Scandura, T. A. & Pellegrini, E. K. (2004). Competences of building the developmental relationship. In Clutterback, D. & Lane, G. (Eds.), The situational mentor: An international review of competences and capabilities in mentoring. Hants , England : Gower Publishing Limited.
- Antonakis, J., Schriesheim, C. A., Donovan, J., Gopalakrishna-Pillai, K., Pellegrini, E. K., Rossomme, J. (2004). Methods for studying leadership. In Sternberg, R. J., Antonakis, J, & Cianciolo, A. T. (Eds.), The nature of leadership. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage.