About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Assurance of Learning
AoL Organization Chart
Undergraduate Learning Goals and Objectives
MBA Learning Goals and Objectives
MSIS Learning Goals
Student Information for Business Assessment Testing
Sample Questions for Business Assessment Testing
Faculty AOL Login
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Executive Leadership Consortium
Our New Home
News and Events
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Visit UMSL Business
Professor of Information Systems
Office: 217 Express Scripts Hall - Voice: 314-516-7354
Ph.D. (Business Administration), University of Kentucky, 2000
M.S. (Electrical Engineering), Purdue University, 1994
B.S. (Honors - Electronics Engineering), University of Bombay, 1991
- Areas: Management Information Systems; Business Programming
- ISFSYS 5800 - Management Information Systems
- INFSYS 6805 - Applications of Programming for Business Solutions
- INFSYS 3844 - End-User Computing for Business Applications
- Areas: IS Planning; Electronic Business
Selected Significant Publications:
- “Autonomy and Procedural Justice in Strategic Systems Planning,” Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Albert Lederer, Information Systems Journal, 24(1), pp. 29-59, 2014.
- “Top Management Support, Collective Mindfulness, and Information Systems Performance,” Shaji A. Khan, Albert Lederer, and Dinesh A. Mirchandani, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, 22(1), pp. 93-121, 2013.
- “Global Integration Strategies of Small and Medium Multinationals: Evidence from Taiwan,” Julius Johnson Jr., Bindu Arya and Dinesh A. Mirchandani, Journal of World Business, 48(1), pp. 47-57, 2013.
- "Hierarchical Effects of Product Attributes on Actualized Innovativeness in the Context of High-Tech Products," Kyootai Lee, Shaji A. Khan, and Dinesh A. Mirchandani. Journal of Business Research, 66(12), pp. 2634-2641, 2013.
- “The Impact of Internationalization of U.S. Multinationals on Public Affairs Strategy and Performance: A Comparison at 1993 and 2003,” Julius Johnson, Jr., Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Martin B. Meznar, Business & Society, forthcoming, published online before print April 1, 2012, doi: 10.1177/0007650312438530.
- “Shared Vision in the Creation of IT Strategy,” Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Albert Lederer, IEEE IT Professional, 14(6), pp. 44-50, 2012.
- "“Less is More:” Information Systems Planning in an Uncertain Environment," Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Albert Lederer, Information Systems Management, 29(1), pp. 13-25, 2012.
- “Impact of National Culture on Information Systems Planning Autonomy,” Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Albert Lederer, Journal of Global Information Management, 18(3), pp.1-34, 2010.
- “Dynamics of the Importance of IS/IT Skills,” Kyootai Lee and Dinesh A. Mirchandani, Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50(4), pp. 67-78, 2010.
- “An Investigation on the Institutionalization of Commercial Websites,” Kyootai Lee, Dinesh A. Mirchandani, and Xinde Zhang, The Database for Advances in Information Systems 41(2), pp. 70-88, 2010.
- “Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning System in a Large Asian Public Sector Company,” Wisnu Cahyono, Dinesh A. Mirchandani and Julius Johnson, Jr., Communications of Global Information Technology, 1(1), pp. 59-65, 2009.
- “Use of Online Collaboration Tools in Organizations,” Jiesi Cheng; Fon Sundaravej, and Dinesh A. Mirchandani., European Conference on Information Systems, June 2009.
- “Analyzing the Dynamics of Skill Sets for the U.S. Information Systems Workforce Using Latent Growth Curve Modeling,” Kyootai Lee and Dinesh A. Mirchandani, ACM SIGMIS Conference, May 2009.
- “Factors Influencing the Adoption of Electronic Commerce by Small Businesses,” Charles Chowa and Dinesh Mirchandani, in Information Systems in an E-World, M. Gordon Hunter and A. Wenn (eds.), Las Vegas: Information Institute, pp. 193 – 210, 2005.
- “A Deterrence Theory Perspective on Personal Web Usage,” Dinesh Mirchandani, in Personal Web Usage in the Workplace: A Guide to Effective Human Resource Management, M. Anandarajan and C. Simmers (eds.), Hershey: Idea Group Publishing, pp. 111-123, 2003.
- “An Experimental Analysis of the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Teams with Partial Problem Domain Knowledge,” Dinesh Mirchandani and Jaideep Motwani, in Knowledge and Information Technology Management: Human and Social Perspectives, Chapter 7, A. Gunasekaran, O. Khalil, and S. Rahman (eds.), Hershey: Idea Group Publishing, 2003.
- "The Link between Information Strategy and Electronic Commerce," Albert Lederer, Dinesh Mirchandani and Kenneth Sims, in Doing Business Electronically: A Global Perspective of Electronic Commerce, E. Romm and F. Sudweeks (eds.), London: Springer-Verlag, pp. 27-45, 1998.
- Member of Association for Information Systems, Decision Sciences Institute and Eta Kappa Nu (Honor Society for Electrical Engineers).
- Received the Sturgill Student Development Council Award for Leadership and Service at the University of Kentucky in 1997.
- Faculty Advisor for the Information Systems Programming Club (http://www.umsl.edu/studentlife/misclub/)