Edward C. Lawrence, Professor of Finance
Office: 1105 SSB Tower Voice: 314-516-6148
Ph.D., Finance, Pennsylvania State, University Park, 1982
MBA, Finance, Pennsylvania State, University Park, 1974
B.S.B.A., Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania, 1973
- Areas: Corporate Finance, Commercial Banking, Real Estate, Investments
- Advanced Security Analysis
- Principles of Real Estate
- Commercial Bank Management
- Financial Management
- Practicum in Finance
- Areas: Health Care Economics; Commercial Banking; Investments.
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Lawrence, Edward C., Ellen Briskin, and Qing-Jiang Qu. "A Review of State Tax Incentive Programs for Creating Jobs." Journal of State Taxation 31.3 (2013): 25-32.
- Lawrence, E. C., Desai, Chintal, Elliehausen, Gregory E., On the County-Level Credit Outcome Beta, Journal of Financial Services Research, online January 2013.
- Lawrence, E. C., Muehling, Heather, Midwest Bancshares Inc., International Research Journal of Applied Finance, January 2013.
- County‑Level Bankruptcy Beta and its Impact on the Supply of Revolving Credit@ (with Gregory E. Elliehausen), Investment Management and Financial Innovation, Volume 10, Issue 1, 2013.
- An Overview of Pharmacy Benefit Managers: Focus on the Consumer@ (with Ellen Briskin and Jane QingJiang Qu), published by Express Scripts, April 2012.
- The Economic Impact of Mercy Health System on St. Louis and Missouri@, (with Ellen Briskin and Jane QingJiang Qu), published by Mercy Health System, July 2011.
- The Economic Impact of Express Scripts on St. Louis and Missouri@ (with Ellen Briskin and Jane QingJiang Qu), published by Express Scripts, December 2010.
- Lawrence, Edward C. "Biases in Mid-Year and End-of-Year Conventions in Discounted Cash Flow Models for Corporate Valuations." Journal of Legal Economics 16.1 (2009): 1-VI.
- Lawrence, Edward C. "Student Managed Investment Funds: An International Perspective." Journal of Applied Finance 18.2 (2008): 67-83.
- Lawrence, E. C. and Elliehausen, G., A Comparative Analysis of Payday Loan Customers. Contemporary Economic Policy, 26: (2008): 299–316.
Serves as a public arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), formerly NYSE and NASD, for investment disputes between brokers and investors.
Serves as paper reviewer for the following journals: Journal of Banking and Finance, Review of Economic and Statistics, Financial Practice and Education, Financial Management
American Finance Association, European Financial Management Association, Financial Management Association, French Finance Association