About the College
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Associate Professor of Accounting
Office: 1211 SSB Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-6764
Ph.D. (Accounting), Indiana University, 1997
M.A. (Accounting), Indiana University, 1994
B.S. (Accounting), University of Kentucky, 1984
- Area: Financial Accounting
- Area: Financial Reporting Issues, Derivatives and Financial Instruments Reporting Issues
- Publications and Working Papers:
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J. & Wallace, J., "Dining at the Earnings Buffet," Business Horizons, July/Aug. 2003.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J., "Challenges in transitioning to the fair value method of accounting for employee stock options", forthcoming, The CPA Journal, 2003.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J. & Tomlinson, W. "Is there a GAAP in your understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles?", The Financial Analysts Journal, September/October, 2002.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J. & Wallace, J., "How informative are earnings numbers that exclude goodwill amortization?," Accounting Horizons, September, 2001.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehlre, J. & Wallace, J., "Purchase versus pooling - An additional consideration: Should firms rescind or forego stock repurchase plans to pool?," Journal of Accounting and the Public Interest, July, 2001.
- Moehrle, S., & Reynolds-Moehrle, J., "Say Good-Bye to Pooling and Goodwill Amortization", Journal of Accountancy, September 2001.
- Moehrle, S., Reynolds-Moehrle, J. & Wallace, J., "Should companies be racing to pool?", Journal of Accountancy, May, 2000.
- Member, American Accounting Association
- Member, Ky Society of CPA's
- Faculty Member, Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity